Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Redo=Renew!

I have a wild hair to repaint some furniture that has been gifted to us.  It is a little old, seems dated.  So why not?  My first piece is an end table that will go in my living room.  I have been debating between going black and an off white.  I finally decided on black, I think it will match the room and furniture really well. 
Here is the before
I first did a lot of reading and to decided the best way to go about this.  The consensis is to do a spray primer first using Kilz paint.
CHECK
It was a little different.  I don't know if this is how the paint is or just me getting a lucky can.  But everytime I sprayed it a little puddle of paint formed at the top.  Then it would spill off.  Can you see the splatters on the bottom?
I'm still thinking it will be okay.  The other problem though, the primer feels really sand papery.  From my reading this happens occasionally.  Some said you need to shake it longer.  Man, I felt like I was shaking it forever!  But, it's still sand papery.  The rememdy is to take a very fine sand paper over real quickly. 
This is as far as I am.  I'm going out today to try some more.  Just thought I would show you what I am working on right now!

1 comment:

Kate Johnson said...

Looking good! I can't wait to see the finished product!