Thursday, September 30, 2010

What to do with Sticks

It seems lots of people are trimming trees around me.  I keep seeing branches piled on sidewalks and by peoples houses.  So I decided it would be lots of fun to use them in my Halloween decor!
I started by spray painting them black.  I didn't care if it was perfect.  I like the look of some parts not getting painted at all.  It added in a little more dimension!
Some even had left over leaves on them, they were my favorite.
I say were because after I got them all situated in an empty pot full of dirt,

added a cute sign by them, my cute 2 year old pulled off all the leaves.

 There's one fun idea to use those sticks up.  I think I am going to put some spider webs up in them.  Sounds fun and spooky to me!

7 comments:

Stevenson Family said...

If your porch is covered you can burn book pages on the edges for a creepy effect. Pottery Barn Catalog gives me inspiration for my halloween decor and that's wht they did to theirs. Or perhaps some creepy green moss hot glued to it. I'm sure blake would just love his money going towards green moss glued onto sticks. Since he's so festive, right? Go with burned book pages. I'm sure he'd get in on the burning, too. I think the spiderwebs would be a good addition too!!

Melissa said...

It looks cute, last year around christmas I took some sticks hung them from my ceiling then hung snowflakes on them :-) It's so fun decorating for holidays. Your house always looks cute!! (of course I only know this from pictures)

richfam said...

Your porch is way cute! I might have to steal this idea.

Jordy and Stephy said...

soo cute!! you are so creative!

sarah@homeismore said...

I love this idea! Now I know what to stick in with the mums on the front porch.

Charlotte said...

I like the sticks! Unfortunately, nobody around my house seems to be pruning. Maybe my parents will have some I can steal.

Laura Bear said...

This is a great idea!! what a fun blog!