Saturday, November 27, 2010

Be Grateful

I know, it's after Thanksgiving and everyone has moved onto Christmas.  But I thought this one was worth sharing.  Maybe you can remember it for next year.
We have a thankful wall each year.  It starts on November 1 and ends on Thanksgiving.  Each day we try and remember to write or draw something we are thankful for.
Somedays it can be a challenge.  But it sure is fun to look back and read them! 
We keep it pretty simple.  I cut a bunch of different leaves out using my Silhouette Machine this year.  Last year, I printed off a bunch and cut them out.  Either way works just fine!  Then we simply stick it on the wall using that magic blue stuff.  I never remember what it's called.  It keeps the papers up there great though. 
Sometimes, we have to do 2 a day because we forget to do it the day before.  But Shhhh, its our secret.  Really you can do it however works best for your family.  It's a fun way to see what your kids are thinking about too.  We got Candy a lot from my 2 year old. 
I hope that gives you an idea on how to make Thanksgiving a bigger deal around your house!  I know it does for ours.

1 comment:

kim c said...

Great post! Poor Thanksgiving....it comes and goes too fast. Then BOOM, its time for Christmas.