Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pretty in Pink Garland

My sweet sister-in-law is pregnant with her first baby.  She is very excited and super scared, just like most of us are!  The unknown can be a very scary thing!
She was able to travel home for Thanksgiving so we threw her a quick shower.  She had a good group of people come support her, even the day before Thanksgiving! 
I wanted to decorate and make it fun, but not over the top.  So I started with my Silhouette Machine and selected a flower.  I cut out of ton of them to make a little garland to go across the window.
Then I quickly sewed them together.  It was so much fun!  You don't have to worry about straight lines or anything.  Just zip them out!
Then I cut out some more flowers making them bigger than the last and cut out some letters.  Glued the letters on then punched 2 holes on each flower threading some pink ribbon thru to hang them up.
And there we had a soft little backdrop.

More to come later!  The dessert table turned out cute too.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Loved it!!! It looked so cute and so creative! Thank you for doing all of that!!!

Kate Johnson said...

So cute! Oh, how I wish we lived closer!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

I like the double banner idea! Looks great!